We love Classic Cars at BuyandSell.ie
They are undeniably beautiful, but when it comes down to actually buying one, there are a few things that need to be considered… We have put together this Blog post outlining some important points you should consider if you are in the market for buying a Classic Car. Read on and avoid any expensive mistakes!
1. Are you looking for a Daily Driver or a Competition Winning Beauty? Someone looking for a competition winning vintage car will obviously have different requirements than someone looking for a good-looking every day run around. If you are looking for a classic car that will get you prizes, you will obviously have to find something all original and spend slightly more. BuyandSell.ie’s Classic Car section has some absolutely beautiful Classic’s, covering a range of prices.
2. Know the classic you are interested in. Regardless of how you will be using your classic car, the first step in getting to it is narrowing down which model you are interested in. Once you have done this, you can begin to narrow down to a specific era of that car. If you can get this your search will be much easier. On BuyandSell.ie we have a search refine feature which makes doing this very easy. **Tip**If you don’t know what era you are interested in, begin researching what changes were made each year, This will help you rule out or count in as you deem fit!
3. Research what “problem areas” the vehicle may have and check if the problem has been resolved or is fixable. For example, it is said that many European classics suffer with electrical problems. It may be worth researching these topics further in relation to your specifically chosen model. This is just for precaution – you are best to prove or disprove them yourself, as you will then of course be able to figure out if you can do anything about it should the need arise! A good step here is to identifying somewhere you could take your precious car if the need arises. Some mechanics specialize in vintage mini’s, for example. You may be lucky and find this is the case with your favoured classic!
4. Check with local classic car clubs for any people who own, or have owned the type of classic you are interested in. They may be able to help you determine what to buy and what to avoid. There are also classic car websites with message forums. They are chock full of information and users who are passionate about specific era’s of car etc. A quick Google will return these results. It is more fun getting out and seeing the cars in person though!
5. Have a vehicle appraiser look at the car. They may be able to tell if its been in an accident, or if the engine, transmission and other vital components are not original. This will alter the value of the vehicle. If you have spotted a car you are genuinely interested in you should bring a vehicle appraiser to give the car a thourough look over before any cash is handed over.
6. Do a used vehicle history report on the car to make sure it has not been stolen and to check how many people owned the car previously. This can be completed online.
7. Keep an eye out for vintage car auctions. These are a fantastic place for seeing a lot of vintage cars all in one place and happen frequently throughout the country.
There are currently 6556 Motor ads online on www.BuyandSell.ie . Whether you are a learner driver looking for your first set of wheels, a Classic car connoiseur, or in a business and looking for a van, we have the motor for you!
Searches on our website are refineable by price, county, car type, mileage, year, and more. It is now easier than ever to find the car of your dreams on BuyandSell.ie
See all cars for sale on BuyandSell.ie here. There’s more than cars for sale too…
Want to read more about cars? You can view all other BuyandSell.ie Blog posts relating to Motors by clicking here.
- All ads on BuyandSell.ie