The season of Holy Communion will quickly be upon us and with it a lot of expense for parents.
It can be a real struggle to cope with the cost of the big day. Parents want the best for their child’s special day but these days we have to be a lot more money conscious. With a bit of planning, we can still have our special day for much less cost.
Probably the biggest expense of the day is the outfit. The reality is that most communion dresses and suits along with the accessories will only be worn once before being left folded neatly in an upstairs wardrobe. It’s rare that parents will have the opportunity to pass on these clothes to a sibling or friend.
This is where we can help. Why not try selling your Communions Dresses or Suits on BuyandSell.ie. It can work on so many levels:
- You get to recoup some of the money you spent on the big day.
- There are loads of parents out there that you will be helping by allowing them to buy a practically brand new outfit at an affordable price.
- You will feel so good knowing that you have made some money back and helped somebody else at the same time.
There are thousands of Communion outfits sitting in wardrobes up and down the country. Here are our practical tips for getting them out and online so they can find a grateful new owner.
- Place the ad in the Children and Teens Wear section of BuyandSell.ie
- Check the clothes to see if they need a quick dry cleaning prior to selling them.
- Include info in the ad that you would want to know about if you were the buyer.
- Dress make, size, colour, and features, all of the information that helps a buyer.
- Lay out the dress and take a variety of pictures. On BuyandSell.ie you can include up to 15 pictures so don’t be shy!
- If you’re including any accessories, give these details too.
Why not head over to our Communion outfit section on BuyandSell.ie and use some of the ads already posted for inspiration. Parents are on the lookout now so get posting.